Did you know there are health benefits from humor and laughter?
Take the time to laugh to get these 7 Health Benefits from Laughter:
- Laughter diminishes Pain by triggering endorphins, which provide you with some pain relief. It also brings your body and mind back into balance.
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical stress and tension, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes afterwards.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins help to promote an overall sense of well-being.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- Laughter burns calories. One study found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn about 40 calories—which could be enough to lose three or four pounds over the course of a year. Yes, you still need to go to the GYM (LOL)
- Laughter may even help you to live longer. A study in Norway found that people with a strong sense of humor outlived those who don’t laugh as much. The difference was particularly notable for those battling cancer.
My prescription for good health: Seek more opportunities for humor and laughter so we can improve our emotional health, strengthen our relationships, find greater happiness—and even add years to our lives.
If you live in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth or Suffolk, and are suffering from back pain, we can get you back to better health through our physical therapy program, home exercise program, and more. Please contact back doctor in Norfolk at 757-333-3360 or by clicking here. Together We Strive to Knockout Pain®
More about our spine doctor
Our pain management center and spine doctor provides excellent care in the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of spinal and orthopedic pain resulting from injuries and other painful conditions such as:
• Spinal Stenosis
• Degenerative Disc Disease
• Herniated Disc (Sciatica)
• Post-Laminectomy Syndrome (failed back syndrome)
• SI Joint Dysfunction
• Facet Syndrome
• Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
• Myofascial Pain
• Osteoarthritis (hands, knees, hips, shoulder)
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Rotator Cuff Tear
• Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
For more than two decades, we’ve successfully served patients in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Hampton Roads. Our back doctor and her staff of physical therapists are widely known for treating all musculoskeletal problems from the neck to the foot. Knocking out back pain, chronic neck, shoulder pain, hip pain, knee pain and other health issues is why our patients say these great things about us.
©2020 Winifred D. Bragg, MD. All Rights Reserved.